10 Graduation Gift Ideas We Love | Greek Gift Ideas
Graduation is a time of nostalgia, excitement and a bit of sadness. Whatever you're feeling, we're here to help commemorate the special occasion. While the graduate in your life is busy preparing to wrap up his or her college career, you might be trying to wrap up something else -the perfect gift to celebrate graduation day! Luckily for you, we've compiled a list of our favorite graduation gift ideas for every type of graduate, from the ambitious world traveler to the graduate who isn't quite ready to be an adult yet. Check out these 10 awesome ideas to make your graduate's special day even better!
1. For the person who insists on not receiving a gift: Nobody actually expects to get nothing on his or her big day. For the person who insists "you shouldn't have," opt for something simple but meaningful. A simple piece of a jewelry is a great choice. Check out these Greek U necklaces, rings, bracelets and even pretty hair clips.
2. For the one who has already booked his/her trip to Europe: Traveling around the world is many graduates' dreams. Boy, are they ready to hit the real world! For the graduate who's packing his or er bags already, we love travel-themed gift ideas. One idea is to get an interesting book about a place your graduate is going. Oh, the places you'll go!
3. For the college lady in your life: College isn't easy. Remind the graduating gal in your life how proud you are of all her accomplishments with this beautiful jewelry script necklace, bearing her Greek letters.
4. For anyone who has ears: If you don't like music, we need to talk. What better way to send someone into the big-kid world than by equipping him or her with a premium Spotify or Apple Music membership. It's such an easy gift, and something many seem to take for granted. Truly nothing can match the gift of music!
5. For the person who really needs help adulting: We all know one. Four (five...six?) years later, he or she is still struggling to make it to class. This is likely the person who walked in 20 minutes late for graduation. But we love these people nonetheless, and (somehow) they've done it! Common household items like cleaning supplies, medicine, towels and dishes actually make extremely useful graduation gifts and are a kick start to living in the real world.
You could also opt for a book on household finances, taking on new responsibilities, nurturing relationships, meeting work challenges or something else that fits the Adult 101 category.
6. For anyone: Everyone could use some money. Tuck a $20, or several, into a nice card, and call it a day. You could also opt for a Greek U gift card - another great choice!
7. For the one who's already decorated his/her posh apartment downtown: Another species of "I'm-outta-here," this graduate is so over the college scene and has already decked out hir or her grown- up apartment. What better way to test adult skills than by gifting a plant? Being able to take care of a plant is the first step in being a big kid. What's more, a plant gives off oxygen and creates a more cheerful space to live in.
8. For the one who wines a lot: This is pretty self-explanatory. Help your graduate wine about it. Give the gift of a great bottle of wine - or several. You might even make special labels for which wines to enjoy at which occasions. For example, make one for landing a first job, one for getting engaged and one for the birth of a first child.
9. For your graduating guy: Help expedite the evolution from boy to man with some grown-up essentials. Whether you get a nice watch or a wallet that isn't falling apart, your graduate will love one of these gifts, mostly because he won't have to buy it himself.
That's a wrap on our favorite graduation gifts for every graduate in your life. Leave us a comment below with your favorite college graduation gift idea. Be sure to help your graduate shine on his or her special day with a customizable graduation stole from Greek U!