10 Brilliant Sorority Sisterhood Event Ideas (Updated 2017)
Is your chapter lacking in the sisterhood event department? Not to worry! We came up with a list of fun sorority sisterhood events that would be great for every chapter. Think outside the box when it comes to organizing sisterhood events; all your members will love the new ideas and will want to keep the tradition going. Sisterhood activities should be fun, easy, and memorable. These sorority events are ones that all sisters will remember about their time in college! At least - That's the goal. Some of the best sisterhood event ideas are the most simple. Just all your sisters, gathered together, having good conversations and bonding with each other. These are our favoriteÂ sorority sisterhood event ideas!
10. Beach BonfireIf you live in a beach town, this sisterhood idea is for you! It's an idea that can be put together super last minute, but is just as fun as any other sisterhood event. Gather your sisters in your comfiest sorority sweatshirts, beanies and alllll the cozyÂ sorority blankets. And the best part? S'mores! If you don't have at least three s'mores, you're doing the whole beach bonfire thing wrong. We recommend having a bonfire towards summer, when the weather isn't too cold and you can gather everyone together for one last sisterhood event before summer.
9. DIY Crafting Night/Girl's Night InThere are so many possibilities with a DIY sisterhood night! For one - You can bring all of your sisters together for a night of crafting during big/littleÂ week! This is especially helpful for those sisters who need some crafting inspo. And two - You can do a DIY night when all the new girls move into the chapter house. They can craft for their new rooms and make their sorority decor super cute! Here's an idea for their rooms - Have them make door signs with their new roomie to let everyone know whose room it is. They can create a cute bulletin board where their sisters can write them little notes and stick them on there! So cute. There are so many things you can do with a DIY sisterhood event! Lastly, all your sisters can make homemade gifts for their loved ones around the holidays! Making a sisterhood event out of puts everyone in the holiday spirit (complete the event by playing Christmas music and putting out some treats!).
8. Roller SkatingFor those that live in a coastalÂ area, drive to the beach with all your sisters and roller skate down the boardwalk/pier! It will make for some really cute pictures :)
7. Laser TagNot just a fun activity for kids anymore! No - My sisters and I had the BEST time when we went laser tagging. Everyone gets so into the competitive spirit and it lets you be a little kid again.
6. Backyard Movie NightÂSet up a projector in the chapter house backyard, grab a ton of cozy blankets and snacks, and put on a funny movie. My personal pick is Bridesmaids. Also: You can go to a midnight showing movie premiere at the theater, so fun for sorority sisterhood events! My pledge class and I went to multiple movie premieres when we were freshman. It was only ~10 dollars and we camped out beforehand. It was so fun!
5. Seasonal SisterhoodsÂ
FriendsgivingHost a Friendsgiving at the chapter house to celebrate Thanksgiving with your second family. This is a perfect sisterhood event to plan that doesn't take much time and effort. If you make it a potluck, girls can all bring something different. This is the perfect opportunity to use those Thanksgiving recipes we shared with you! Have certain girls who live in houses on their own bring different food items. Decorate the chapter house in fall decor, complete with autumn tablecloths, flowers for the middle of the tables, and wall decor.
Pumpkin Patch/Pumpkin Carving PartyHead to the pumpkin patch with your sisters to pick out a pumpkin to carve! After that, you can head back to the house to decorate your pumpkins. Set them outside of the house for some fall decor. This is a fun, creative sisterhood event idea that will be fun for everyone. You will get some cute autumn photos out of the trip too!
4. Exercise Class - Barre, Zumba, Spin etc.Explore the fitness studios in your town, and see what kinds of deals they can do for aÂ class! Most times, they'll give discounts if you fill their classes. Doing an exercise sisterhood is super fun because it allows you to get active with your sisters. But- It's actually fun. For example, a Soul Cycle-esque spin studio in my area lets sorority chapters fill up a class and they will close it off from the public so that it's a private event. It features amazing, upbeat music, black lights, and high energy. It's a great way to bond with your sisters. You can also wear your Greek apparel to the class! I highly recommend doing some sort of exercise class for one of your sisterhood events!
3. Theme ParkSelf-explanatory, but I think theme parks are so fun! Make it a girls trip to your local theme park or fair. All of your sisters will love riding all the rides and playing games! Pro tip: Theme parks are also an amazing date dash idea!
2. Charity Walk/Ride/RunMy personal favorite is The Color Run! Get a team together with all your sisters who want to sign up. This is another way to get active with your sisters!
1. ShoppingSome stores have sorority events where they close down their store early and open it up to the whole chapter. You can get discounts and are free to browse the selection with your sisters. You can even bring your greek clothing to see how you can best style it! Warning: Dressing rooms will get crazy!
We hope you have an amazing time bonding with your sisters at your next sisterhood event!
Comment down below what kind of sisterhood event you're planning!