Greek U's Proud to Be Greek Scholarship
Our 2017-2018 scholarship has closed on February 1st, 2018. The winner will be announced by the end of the month. You can start applying for 2018-2019 now.
The lifelong bonds you form, the communities you serve, and the invaluable lessons you learn are all part of an unforgettable Greek organization experience. Joining a brotherhood or sisterhood is an honor and a privilege, and with it comes social awareness and responsibility.
Greek U is offering an annual scholarship to an exceptional sorority or fraternity member who is passionate and devoted to Greek life. If you are a natural leader, avid volunteer, and an exceptional academic, Greek U wants to hear about how joining a sorority or fraternity has changed your life.
$1,500 for education-related expenses, including tuition, housing, meal plans, books, computers; and/or Greek-related expenses, including recruitment fee, dues, housing fee, and Greek U apparel.
Online Application Deadline:
February 1st, 2019
Qualifications: Applicants must:
- Be a U.S. citizen and an active sorority or fraternity member
- Be enrolled in a four-year, accredited college or university
- Be in excellent academic standing with a 3.0 grade point average or higher at the time of application.
- Complete an online application
- Write a 500-word essay on the following topic: How has joining a fraternity or sorority changed your life? Please include one or two photos that you feel best represent your love for your organization!
- Actively participate in volunteer and extracurricular activities
- Greek U is an independent, privately held clothing and merchandising company. Each year, Greek U awards a scholarship to an eligible member of a Greek organization.
- The scholarship is designed to supplement, but not replace, federal and state financial aid, employer tuition assistance, and student income.
- The award is credited directly to the recipient’s financial account and the funds are intended only for education- or Greek-related expenses.
- Greek U does not discriminate in any of its policies, procedures, or practices on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, handicap, veteran status, or medical condition.
- Greek U awards scholarships at its sole discretion. All decisions are final.
- Scholarships may not be sold, transferred or assigned.
How we disclose, share, and collect information about you is important to us. By submitting your online application, you are permitting Greek U to access and use all information associated with you for advertising purposes without any compensation to you. Your name, contact information and any other identifiable information will not be shared or used. We may use your essay as a submission on our website, but it will be anonymous.