Our Favorite Sorority Planners (And Why You Should Use One!)
There are tons of sorority stereotypes out there-, the majority of which are nowhere near the truth. But there's one I'm willing to accept on behalf of the sorority population. We are addicted to our planners, and for good reason.
Why Sorority Planners?
Once you get into the habit of writing everything down, your whole outlook on life becomes more organized, and you feel more productive. Before I joined a sorority, I put everything in my phone. But that doesn't work very well for me, mostly because the notifications pop up just like any other notifications do, and it's very distracting. Having your to-do list written down in a planner forces you to put the phone away and get working. Now, it does take a bit of time to adjust from your phone to written format, but it's possible. Why else do we love our planners so very much? Allow me to enlighten you.
- They help you budget your time. As mentioned before, sorority women have a lot to balance. Having some way to map out your day allows you to manage your time wisely and fit everything into a busy (but organized) schedule. The start of a new year is also the perfect time to pick up planning and start fresh with a new method.
- They help you remember your plans. For as long as I can remember, I've always been one to forget plans (ironic, isn't it?). If you're anything like me, having a visual map of plans to reference is ridiculously helpful in remembering what needs to get done. Writing things down is also a great way to remember them (it's why we take notes). I'm a very visual learner, so if I look at something enough, it will become ingrained in my brain.
- They keep a record of everything you've done. It's easily to forget when and where you did what and with who, and how (try saying that five times fast). Keeping track of your life in a planner allows you to have a record of your days at your fingertips.
- They keep you from over-booking yourself. Having a record of what's on tap for the day, week, month and year is a great way to put your responsibilities into perspective and refrain from taking on too much. When asked to take on a new responsibility, always consult your planner and see if you have room.
- They're just really adorable. If you're going to plan out your life, why not do it in style? Get ready to organize ornately, map meticulously and plan perfectly with the help of one of our absolute favorite planners. Check them out!
For the Brisk Planner - a Small Sorority Planner
For anyone who needs a simple journal to jot down plans, look no further than our very own Greek U store! Within our vast Greek merchandise section, we have adorable sorority notebooks available in a great array of colors, patterns and styles. You can create your own planner inside the notebook, or simply use it to jot down notes as needed. Add some glitter pens for fun!
For the Standard Strategist - a Traditional Sorority Planner
My current planner of choice, these Blue Sky Day Designer Planners are a great happy medium in organization. With a simple layout and plenty of room to set your schedule, these (super cute) planners are some of my favorites. I found mine at Target,
For the Organization Aficionado - a Customized Sorority Planner
This planner was made for you. No, literally, it was made just for you! Complete with labeled tabs, stickers and methodically mapped out days, these customizable Erin Condren LifePlanners™ -although on the pricier end - are great for the planning perfectionist. They also come in many adorable patterns, so you can choose your favorite and enjoy looking at it all year.
For the Passionate Gal - a Passion Planner
Passion planners are a great choice for sorority gals. They are centered around your passion. They have special worksheets and other pages dedicated to helping you plan the career or goal. There are rotating limited edition planners that you can order! I highly recommend grabbing one of these and watching your passions come to life.
For the Futuristic Planner - an 18-Month Sorority Planner
If you like to plan ahead - and we mean way ahead - check out these 18-Month Moleskine Planners. These simple, classic planners let you view your week at a glance, and also get annual and monthly snapshots. They also include helpful information like international time zones, dialing codes and a map to document your trips.
Greek U offers a wide range of affordable, high quality Greek merchandise. We also have some great information on fraternities and sororities in our blog.